I love words. I mean, I really really love words.
So when I had seen an idea here and there in the blogosphere to leave behind the usual lists of resolutions, and instead to choose a single word or phrase to focus on for the new year... I was hooked. And I knew immediately what my word would be. I have already been gravitating toward it for months.
This focus for me means:
- making a home with more warmth and reverence
- creating more that is homemade... craft, clothing, food, etc.
- maintaining a clean, simple, and organized home
- enjoying and improving on our path of home education
- and with any luck, giving a loving home to more children.
It is all of this, and so much more. Essentially I want to make decisions this year based on how they will affect the spirit of my home, and how they will affect those around me.
And now I am going to say the word "home" a few more times, beacause I don't think it's been used enough in this blogpost. Home, home, home, home, home. There. That's better.
A very happy 2010 to you... and to all of us.