Some of you have been quite patient. Others of you have been less-than-subtle in your promptings for me to update the blog. (Kirsten, Jennifer, Karen, Renae... you know who you are. No need to name names.)
I thought I'd take a leaf out of Amanda's book and share ten things that are making me happy lately, in no particular order:
1. The arrival of camping season (and the complete happiness of a little nature-loving boy)
2. Good music running through my head all day
3. Eating right, walking with a good friend, and being already four pounds closer to my pre-baby weight. (Yes, by "baby"... I am referring to my almost-seven-year-old. Give me a break. The time has come.)
4. This commercial about the power of the wind. Hilarious.
5. This little love, my friend Heidi's newest little one
7. Digging through and organizing my craft area (nearly done!)
8. The chance to study nature, literally in our own backyard
9. This fabulous blog, which completely inspires me to document the lives of family and friends with warmth and personality. (Look through the archives, seriously. Amazing stuff.)
10. Listening to quality audiobooks with my son (he's loving the Little House series, yea!!), and knowing that I can go to Kiddie Records Weekly and we'll be knee-deep in great recordings from the 40s and 50s. A couple of clicks and you're wading in nostalgia.